Friday, September 5, 2008

Poetry: A Friend Named Trust


this morning as the sun tickled my spirit awake
it dawned on me that i had never thanked it for its divine power
its rays never fail to embrace my face with a calming warmth
incapable of forsaking my smile
each moment my soul trusts in its illuminating beauty
at the noon hour as i passed by a fragrant field of flowers
i realized that i had never bowed down to its glory
its loveliness never ceasing to delight
unable to not bless my desiring eye
every minute my heart trusts in the love of its embracing aroma
as darkness falls the faithful moon will remind the sky of pure beauty
teaching the stars lessons of wisdom and strength
they will learn that God’s lunar expects nothing
seeking only to give the gift of light, of life
in appreciation, i will lift my hands in praise
honoring the free flowing love which has set my being upon the heights
i will hold my friend named Trust gently as He leaves
a trail of grace and faith upon my heart
forever kissing Him in gratitude
amen





(From the poetry book "Nonnie And The Butterfly, Copyright 2008, Regina Y. Evans)

No comments: