Friday, November 26, 2010

BishShup!

Mean ol cuss. Meaner than a rattlesnake.
thought he was all dat.
Him and his 99 dollar suits,
plastic croc shoes, rented vehicled.
All fake false flash and wouldn't no' character.
Thought he was it, the one.
talkin' bout "i's a Bishshup,
i's called. yes Lawd!"
Called you what?
Try hard. Wanna bee.
buzz zzz. swat.
Prada, Gucci, but sportin' those twins Poly and Ester,
which, by the by, is okay, fine, great, who cares?
But squish thinkin' i'm stupid, not with it,
cus i shop thrift, old, secondthirdfourth hand.
Sport an afro, natural gurl.
Not into the big red church hats
and they ain't into me.
I'm just doin' my thang.
Searching, finding, securing
the who of who i am.
See me? See.
dude tried ta mentally beat the me outta me.
i Jet. ted. faster than wind blows.
not as gentle tho.
Yo! Bishshup! Bishshup!
You don been
Queened.
Check. and. Mate.

*Haha! Well, my book has a section on the guys that I have dated. i reckon I was pretty pissed off when I wrote this piece! Gosh, I know how to pick 'em, eh?? Welcome to Da Bishshup. And here's to growth. His and mine. Can I get an Amen?

(Copyright 2010 Regina Y. Evans All Rights Reserved (from the book "Nothing Cool About Ten")

No comments: